CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

metacognition

hey again.

it's tierre.

let's think for just a second.
think about thinking.
think about thinking about the way you think.
think about thinking about thinking about the way you think.
think about thinking about thinking about thinking about the way you think.

okay, you get the idea.
metacognition is defined by Webster as: awareness and understanding of one's own thought processes.

i used metacognition when i planned out my week. when i look at my calendar or write in my planner i am using metacognition then too. also, i use it when i am making evaluations about my work. like after taking my first Book of Mormon test i decided that i would do well in that class as long as i kept studying the same way i had been. however, after taking my punctuation quiz in english today, i used metacognition to realize that i need to study harder.

now... think about this...
when do you use metacognition...
that's my food for thought!

LOVE YOU LOTS
it's been tierre. 

0 comments: